podcast interview flow questions
These are some questions and subjects we may cover during our time together.
But please remember, these are just reference, general questions, in real-time, the nature of our conversation which is personal and intimate will take the lead. So don’t stress too much about what we’ll cover, just come relaxed and open to sharing real life experiences and stories
- I will give a brief introduction of you and your business/service and then turn it over to you to share more.
personal background and personal story
- Tell us about yourself, what you do and what are you focused on these days.
- What do people misunderstand about you most?
- How did you meet your spouse/significant other?
- What’s your biggest failure—and what did you learn from that experience?
- If you could be remembered for one thing, what would it be?
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever gotten?
- What’s an “insult” you’ve received that you’re proud of?
- How would your parents describe what you do?
- What is a funny story your family tells about you that you’d like to share?
- If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
- Tell me about the three most influential people in your life and how they impacted you.
- What does your morning routine look like?
- Share a challenging time or situation that could have devastated or stopped your progress but, you persisted — you made the tough decisions. And now, that once painful memory, serves as an invaluable learning experience.
- What is the most critical skill you think leaders need to master to work through their challenges?
- Tell us about the most powerful lesson you ever learned from your journey or an influential lesson learned from one of your mentors and how it helped you embrace who you are today.
business-related questions and breaking down your recipe for success
- What’s one thing your business/successful venture did that you didn’t expect?
- What is a common myth about your job or field of expertise?
- What’s the biggest challenge you’re facing in your role/business/project right now and how are you tackling it?
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned over your career?
- In your opinion, what is the most important personality trait/strength someone would need to become a successful leader?
- What is one piece of advice you’d give to someone starting on their leadership journey?
- Who has been your most important professional mentor?
- What’s one lesson your career has taught you that you think everyone should learn at some point in their life?
- Do you think people are born leaders or is this a skill one can develop?
- What’s one thing about your job/field of expertise that almost no one agrees with you about?
- What’s your favourite productivity hack for entrepreneurs?
- At what time of day do you get your best work done?
- What underrated tool(s) are indispensable for your job?
- If you could start a business tomorrow, what would that business be?
Additional subjects we may cover:
- What drives you – sources of motivation, inspiration, and meaning?
- What gets you out of bed in the morning (or keeps you under the covers)
- The role of support in your life.
- Your thoughts about aging – concerns and what are you doing about it.
- The role of physical activity, nutrition and stress management in your personal and professional life.
To make sure you sound great please click the button below to learn how to prepare for your interview